Carrot Cake Should NOT Have Nuts!

I DO understand that my title is a statement of controversy. However, in my humble opinion carrot cake is NO place for nuts, coconut, pineapple, or any other WEIRD stuff.  Carrots.  And Cream Cheese Frosting.  Period. 

So if you add any of those things to my favorite basic carrot cake recipe just don’t tell me, ok? (and I won’t tell you about how I used to eat bologna and BBQ sauce sandwiches in elementary school)

carrot cake

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups shredded carrots (the finer the better!)
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
1/2  Tablespoon vanilla

- Combine dry ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- Add carrots, oil, eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour into paper lined cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a cake pick inserted into the center comes out clean.  I don’t have the exact minutes written down but a safe bet is to check them after 10-12 minutes and go from there!

This makes 24-30 cupcakes but the recipe can easily be halved. 

Cream Cheese Frosting

- Beat together: 6 ozs. of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup softened butter, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add about 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar.  Add slightly more sugar for a stiffer frosting or a few drops of milk/cream to make it softer. 

2 comments:

Jo.C said...

I don't mind the nuts but when you get a piece of pineapple - urrgh!
Yours look fab though :0)

Brianne said...

mmmmmm i agree! looks delish!