As if I needed a reminder…

I did NOT need a reminder of how much fun little girls’ clothes are!!  As much as I love playing dress up with my little guy there is just something irresistible  about tiny, ruffly, billowy dresses!  And girls get all the options.  Don’t ask me why clothing manufacturers haven’t gotten the memo that *boys like to dress well too*! And we don’t need sports references or camo on every. single. thing. 

Ok, phew.  Glad I got that out.  Winking smile

Anyway, Tuesday is my best friend’s daughter’s first birthday! How lucky are we that we had our first babies only five weeks apart!? 

Today is her tea party birthday and I’ll be bringing this fetching little frock for her.  I loved making this simple sundress!  I can’t wait to see her modeling it this Spring. 

Laila's Dress

I chose “not pink” because there seems to be an overwhelming deluge of pink and purple in girls’ clothing.  Variety is a good thing. 

Laila's Dress - detail

I added little pleated pockets on the sides.  They kinda make me want to squeal in delight!

14 comments:

kimandasmom said...

Jess,
This dress is fantastic....makes me wish my girls were little again so you could make them one. I love that material.

Sarah said...

SO stinkin' cute! Did you have a pattern, or just come up with it yourself? The pockets are darling!

Brianne said...

too cute!!

LyndaKay said...

Squeal away!! It's fabulous with that ruffled ribbon and pleated pockets. Awesome gift.

Pam said...

wow.
amazing!!!

Brittney said...

If you ever need an addy to ship a size 4, let me know! :)

Janet M said...

jess,
That dress is adorable and I love the colors and the patterns that you choose.

Valbelieves said...

Love the colors -- nice, bright and girly-girl! A-DORABLE!

Mandi said...

So darling! If you feel the need to make more, I can send you my addy and Avery's size! ;)

ScrapGoo said...

Sarah, I modified a pattern for a pillowcase dress from the Prudent Baby blog!

Thanks everyone!

carrie said...

This dress is wonderful! You are so full of talent.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

That is precious! Did you find the pattern online? I would love to give it a try.

Teri/Scraptag said...

Girl! That is adorable. Where do you find the time to scrap, blog and sew!?

Chrissy said...

So cute! Love the pattern and color. Not-Pink is AWESOOOOME!