Happy Spring!

Last week was the first official week of Spring… can you believe that??  Actually, LAST week I did believe that given that it was in the eighties in New England.  Scary!  This week we are back to the seasonal 48* temps but they sting so much more after that massive tease. Sigh. 

Today I have a cure for my Spring Fever… candy wrapped up in pretty!

Summer-Soul-Treat-Set

That’s some Fancy Pants Summer Soul right there.  I didn’t use any of the beach-y elements and opted instead to keep these bright and cheery with a generic Spring vibe. 

Summer-Soul-Pillow-Box

Summer-Soul-Pillow-Box-detail

The pillow box is old flower packaging.  I never throw stuff like this away!  I used all kinds of Summer Soul goodies on here: ruffled paper, filter embellishments, buttons, chipboard, oh my!


Summer-Soul-Clear-Box  Summer-Soul-Clear-Box-detail

This clear box is from The Container Store.  I wrapped the ruffled paper around the top of the box but made sure it could freely open.  The flower on top was made with an EK Success 3D punch and I used foam tape to elevate the leaves. 

The Easter peanut butter cups inside *barely* survived through the picture taking… mmmmm!

Speaking of treats… have you checked out the awesomely apt theme at Paper Issues these days?  Yeah, we’re talking Candy Shoppe right now and I highly recommend having something sweet to snack on while you look at all the amazing candy themed projects that have been linked up.  And link up your own while you’re at it…. I am!

8 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

These are awesome Jess!!! And I agree, 85 degrees was such a tease!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful work! I love that you used a beach themed paper for a refreshing spring project. Now I'm off to raid more my hubby's Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. ;)

Anita said...

Gorgeous Jess.

Paper Issues said...

You rock. Amen.

Paper Issues said...

oh...p.s. my FAVE is the White chocolate peanut butter eggs. OMH, I think I may have eaten a whole 8 pack yesterday.

curlyqmosaics said...

This popped out at me in the gallery! I absolutely LOVE those bright, fruity colors you used! Beautiful packaging, love it all!!!!!

Tresa said...

My, my you are so talented! These make me smile!

Sarah said...

These are so fun, Jess! I am really in love with that pillow box- so many fun details!