Fresh Air

I really love the colors in my layout today from the Miss Art’s kit Vinnie’s Vignette.  This kit is full of softness and Spring… and that’s just about what I need this time of year to breathe a little fresh air into the Winter gray. 

Little ThingsLittle-Things

little-things-detail1 (2)

little-things-detail2 (2)

little-things-detail3 (2)

Both my color pallet and design elements everywhere in home décor and design right now. It doesn’t hurt that I absolutely love these colors and patterns! Chevrons (or zig zags) are also popping up everywhere in design these days. I like using them as a more masculine touch, even though I am perfectly comfortable putting floral prints on my boy pages.

The chevron pattern was easier to make than it looks. I cut 1” x 1” squares of patterned paper and then cut each of those into triangles. Then, you simply stagger the triangles in two lines. I added some stitching to reinforce the pattern.

I really enjoy picking a kit apart to find the unexpected uses that go beyond a first impression. In this case Vinnie’s Vignette initially appears to be an ultra feminine heritage kit but I think I did a pretty decent job with this layout of my little guy. I’ll be back next month with a more traditional look for this gorgeous kit but check it out in full detail at Miss Art’s Papercrafting School!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great layout!

Ryann said...

Love your take on chevrons on this LO. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

looks stunning.
happy new year and congrats to pink paislee :D

saby said...

Très jolie Page !!
Great !!!