It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Well. If I am being honest, it really is NOT looking like Christmas around here yet. We have had temps in the sixties and I am ashamed to admit that I haven’t even put our tree up yet. Little Man’s birthday being smack in between Thanksgiving and Christmas means that our holiday decorations take a back seat while I work on party details!
Of course that doesn’t mean I am not celebrating in spirit!
This month I will be posting an ornament or decoration on Wednesdays and today I am sharing an easy one. Use it as a quick holiday gift, tie it to a present, or hang it on your own tree!
I used: a plain glass ornament from the craft store, white feathers from the craft store, Prima crystal swirls, Tim Holtz and Pink Paislee hanging crystals, gray velvet ribbon and gray chiffon ribbon.
The instructions here are almost self-explanatory:
- Remove the foil and wire cap and fill the ornament halfway with feathers. You may have to cut down your feathers to get them to lay correctly, depending on what feathers you find.
- Use metal jump rings or twine to hang a couple of crystals from the bottom of the foil cap. Tie the crystals with twine through the little hole in the top where the wire comes through.
- Replace the cap.
- Cut the crystal swirls to the desired size and affix them to the top of the ornament.
- Tie a length of velvet ribbon to the top of the hanging wire.
- Tie a length of chiffon ribbon around the top of the cap in a bow
Thanks for stopping by! Join me next Wednesday for something a little more detailed and involving PAPER!