Ahhh… crop weekend at A Cherry On Top. You’re happily cropping along, enjoying your “you time” and blissfully unaware of the needs of the rest of the household.
Until you hear the dreaded “Moooooommmmm!” or feel the eyes of hungry people boring into the back of your skull.
That’s where these muffins come in. This recipe for Anytime Muffins is super fast to whip up and will
trick remind your family that you still care about them, after all. They’ll marvel at what a great wife and mom you are… just look at you baking from scratch and creating works of art all at the same time!
Anytime Muffins are not the “bang you over the head with flavor” kind of muffins. They are subtle and don’t leave you with a heavy feeling. They go great with a glass of OJ or your morning coffee. Or your afternoon tea. Or, well… pretty much any drink/time combination.
- Stir together:
1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 C. sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a separate bowl combine:
1 beaten egg
3/4 C. milk
1/3 C. cooking oil
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine just till moist.
- Add in choice of fruit. Berries are great. I like to make mine with a drained 8oz. can of crushed pineapple. You can also make these savory by adding in 1/2 C. of shredded cheese and some herbs, instead of fruit. Awesome for dinner!
- Grease/spray 12 muffin cups or line them with paper liners.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 17-20 minutes or until your tester comes out clean and the tops are golden.
- Wait till the muffins are still warm but cool enough to handle and dip the tops in melted butter and then sugar. This is optional but oh so good!!
These come together in a flash and will have you back at your scrap desk before you know it! Happy cropping, everyone!