Next up is a tutorial for a really simple but pretty pearl and ribbon necklace. This necklace is so fast to make you’ll want to do one in every color of the rainbow.
- about a yard of 1/4” to 3/8” ribbon (I used May Arts 3/8” navy grosgrain)
- embroidery floss that coordinates with your ribbon
- inexpensive pearls of any color from the craft store
- a needle (make sure the eye is big enough for the floss but small enough to pass through your pearls)
- Continue weaving the pearls and ribbon, making sure you don’t leave spaces.
- String pearls this way until the opposite end of the ribbon is about 10” long. On your last pearl you will need to go back through the ribbon (make a new hole in the ribbon… don’t use the same one you just came out of) and thread the needle back through three pearls. You can then trim your floss.
- You can then either tie the ends together for a longer necklace that you slip over your head OR you can attach a clasp for a shorter necklace. That’s it!! I told you it was easy!
I am a big fan of the nautical navy and white look on this one but you could make it to match anything. I also think these would be the perfect activity for a crafty teen party. Ribbon. Pearls. A little thread…. BADABING!
Thanks for taking a look today!