Ribbon Embellished Newborn Set

I am a bargain shopper.  I use coupons and check clearance racks just for the cheap thrill of getting a steal.  Plus, it feels great to save our family tons of money each year.  So you can imagine my glee when I found a set of three Carter’s white newborn onesies for only $2.37 at Target.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with them… except maybe that they’re very plain.  But I can fix that!!

I added 3/8” May Arts teal velvet ribbon bows to the sleeves, socks, and as accents with the flowers.  The flowers are simple rosettes made from gathering grey velvet ribbon. I topped each rosette with a button to hide the gathers. 

Newborn-Set

This dusty teal velvet ribbon is pretty much my favorite EVER!  It is just sooooo pretty and soft.  And it looks fabulous with the grey. 

Newborn-Set-onesie-front

Newborn-Set-sleeve

The socks are Carter’s as well, and the hat is part of an inexpensive plain set at Joann’s. All in all this set came in around $5 for the entire thing.  It would make a perfect little present!  (but I’m keeping this one for the little lady)

Newborn-Set-hat-and-socks

I love how easy and inexpensive it is to transform plain baby clothes into something sweet with just a little touch of ribbon here and there!  Baby Girl is going to be 100% stylin’. 

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

So cute! She's going to be all sorts of stylin' in her custom made outfits!