Double the Love

Did you guys just see a pig fly by??

I think one might have... because I never do double page layouts and that is exactly what I have for you today!  When I saw that I was assigned a double pager at Right at Home Scrapbooking this month I nearly had a heart attack.  I've probably done four or five of these over the course of my entire scrapping life.

And THEN I noticed that I got to use a sketch.  YAY! This is probably the most I have ever appreciated sketches because it made this double pager genuinely fun and easy to do.  If you are afraid (like me!) of double page layouts you should definitely give this a try.  I loved the change of pace.  And if you are a double page diva this sketch will be a breeze for you!

The sketch:
RaH Feb sketch
My take:
Monster-Love
I kept my design very close to the sketch, with a few minor changes.  This is my favorite double pager ever!  It doesn't hurt that I adore these photos.  I used the fabulous Paper Heart collection from Crate Paper for pretty much everything on here, except some alphas, paint, and bits of twine. 

Here are the sides closer up:

Monster-Love-Left
Monster-Love-Right
How adorable are the Scrabble looking letter tiles from this collection??

Monster-Love-detail1
This sketch was awesome for lots of little layers.  You can see here that I combined punched paper, stickers, chipboard, and stitching for lots of texture and depth. 

Monster-Love-detail2
Monster-Love-detail3
So, I more than survived this double page. In fact... with a sketch this good I may just do it again!!

5 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Fab 2-pager! I do them all the time, and now I'll try this sketch. Love your choice of embellies.

Michelle Hernandez said...

OO this is so beautiful! LOVE the crisp clean design and color palette. Those photos are so perfect!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous pages!!! You did a great job. I know the feeling with 2-pagers. I've done one. And only one. I hope to never have to do another one again!

Saby said...

jolie double page !!!

Saby said...

jolie double page !!!