It’s been a super long time since I posted a recipe. I made these a few days ago and they were too good to not share with you guys! The “streusel” is a very light sprinkle of buttery sugar. I adapted the recipe from about three others and in my humble opinion it needs no more tweaking.
Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
Preheat oven to 400* and line 18 muffin cups with liners
For the Muffins: 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2+ cups (one pint) fresh blueberries
zest of one lemon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Streusel:
1 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsn sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
2. In another bowl mix the eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Add 3/4 of the lemon zest and reserve the rest.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
4. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
5. For the streusel topping: melt the butter and stir in the sugar and flour with a fork until you have a loose crumble. Add the remaining lemon zest.
6. Sprinkle a bit of the topping on each muffin. Bake the muffins for approximately 20-22 minutes until golden and the edges are just beginning to brown.