Did You Get My Message?

Last week was Back to School week at the Pink Paislee blog and I gave a little nod to the older students with this sophisticated version of the oh-so-necessary dorm door message board. 

Chalkboard

I upgraded the plain old plastic, white, wipe-able board by painting the Pink Paislee Mistables Wood Shadowbox Frame with chalkboard paint and embellishing it with London Market.

I would have so loved to have this by my door!  The chalkboard paint allows regular chalk to be used and it wipes off with any dry cloth.

Chalkboard-detail1

The paper flower was cut with my Silhouette, the soft grey flower is misted Mistables Fuzzy Stickers that have been layered, and the fabric flowers are a long piece of Mistables muslin scalloped trim that I sprayed and then glittered.  I also glittered the birdcage using an ultra thin glue pen.

Chalkboard-detail2
I painted the outside of the frame with regular acrylic pink paint and went over all the edges with white.  Then I added a layer of clear crackle paint.

Chalkboard-detail3

Chalkboard-detail4

Any girl with this by her door would get instant style points in my book.  She would be the envy of her floor.  It’s always nice to send our college kids off with something from home that is personal and reminds them to be an individual in a place where it is easy to feel like one of the masses.

Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Love the crackle paint on the board. Great embellies.

chalkboards for pubs said...

Wow, Such a nice chalkboards design you share here, I like to use this type of chalkboards for writing daily messages. I always prefer different messages for everyday and I make my life such a colorful.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a cute idea! I would love a larger version of this for my scrappy room!!!