Harvest Decor

Have I mentioned how much I love autumn yet??  Yes?  Oh.  Well now you have to “hear” it again because today’s post is just screaming fall goodness!  It just doesn’t get much better than a little boy in a pumpkin patch.

I am featuring this altered frame project at Right at Home Scrapbooking.  It features the Harvest Market line from Lily Bee, which is on my favorites list right now!  I adore the rich colors and versatile patterns.

Fall-frame-full
Fall-frame-cropped

Fall-frame-side

You'll notice that I completely removed the cardboard backing and the glass from this.  I decided it would be more fun and give me more options if I treated the center more like a shadow box. This way I get a lot more dimension and layers on there.

Fall-Frame-detail1

Pretty much everything I make these days has a touch of burlap.  It's super inexpensive at your local fabric store and can be used for backgrounds, craft projects, or even like a "ribbon" like I did here.  I simply cut a strip and used my hot glue gun to form the bow.

Fall-frame-detail2

I tucked part of a kraft doily on left but adhered it to the top inside of the frame, rather than the bottom.  There's a little foam tape under there to help it pop out and layer on top of the photo.  The wood letters were misted orange. I love the look of wood grain on an autumn project!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: